Not sure who you really are?
Many sails through life not knowing who they are? They don’t know their real identity and therefore don’t know their purpose in life. In Ephesians 2:10 it makes clear for we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” In the beginning God said; let us make man in our own image and after our likening. When God finished moulding men, He breathe in him the breath of life. You can agree with me that the Spirit of God created man and that the Breath of God gave life to man. This means that this life that has been given to men was not been given to men for his/her selfish desires but for the purpose God created and designed it for.
Your life isn’t an accident. You have a destiny, one that only you can complete. The Bible says, “All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old” (Psalm 139:16). Meaning God knows the end before the beginning! God has predetermined (beforehand/before you and I was even formed in our mother’s womb) plans for us to discover and follow His plans. God says that your birth was no random, blind chance accident but a divine purpose determined before time and matter existed. Before you were born, God wired you with certain ambitions, desires, and drives to play a particular role in history — one that only you can play.
BUT, God’s destiny for His people requires cooperation. Many of us travel through life without even using the God-given tools He placed within us. Most of us just don’t know how much power we have within us. The question remains, how do I discover who I am. It is through the Word of God. Obedience to the Word of God…. meaning act upon the Word of God! All of us are to seek God’s will for our lives. He has a divine purpose for each one of us and once we find it, our lives will never be the same. Once a person becomes a channel for the purposes of God, the focus is still never on the individual, but on God and what He’s doing.
The Bible teaches that Man was created with the ability to make moral choices and that he is responsible for those choices. The Fall of Man was not a predetermined event in which Adam and Eve were helpless victims of a Puppet-Master God. On the contrary, Adam and his wife had the ability to choose obedience (with its attendant blessing) or disobedience (with its consequent curse). They knew what the result of their decision would be, and they were held accountable (Genesis 3).
Everything that happens in the world is made to work out according to God’s purpose
You need to know who you are in Christ so that you can live your life as God intended and fulfil your destiny. Understanding who you are in Christ will give you a strong foundation to build your life on. Knowing who you are in Jesus is the key to a successful Christian life and a life lived ON purpose.
Your identity doesn’t depend on something you do or have done. Your true identity is who God says you are.
Let’s see just a few scriptures of what the Word of God says:
- I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
- I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).
- I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
- I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
- I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
- I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).
- I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- I am a spirit being alive to God (Romans 6:11; Thessalonians 5:23)
- I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).
- I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).
- I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
- I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).
I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
- It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).